Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our First Official Post!

Greetings! This is our first actual posting, and I'm still not quite sure how this all works. Steven and I are both doing great. We both got our motorcycle permits not to long ago and have been loving it! Papa J has been kind enough to let us take his vespa out on occassion, and we have had a lot of fun. Our first excussion was to Flaming Gyser Park. My least favorite ride we've been on. I decided it was a good idea to walk on the rocks across the river (although Steven will tell you it was a stream or small tributary. There was still a lot of water) and well, I fell in, along with my camera. I was able to get my camera to work for about 10min this last weekend when we took the vespa out to Point Defiance Zoo and Aquairium. I only got it to work long enough to get some pictures of the fish. Too bad too because the walruses were adoreable! It sure was a warm day out in the sun. A reader board read 93 degrees as we were passing through Enumclaw. I got a nice sun burn on my legs and feet.


At the end of April, Steven and I went and had our portraits done for family night and a mothers day present, they turned out really cute. I'm quite sure this is the only picture if the two of us since we've been married.


Amanda comes home so soon! I can't even wait. My plane tickets are already purchased! Steven allowed me to quit my job for the occassion. I get to got home for almost 2 whole weeks! It'll be so nice to do nothing and sit around with just family catching up. After I come back to FW I'll have just a few weeks to pack up our house and then we'll be off to Rexburg. Time is seriously flying!




3 comments:

  1. yyayyyy ive been awaiting this magical day for far too long! i'm glad you finally posted, and i hope you keep it up. even the random daily events can be made entertaining, im sure.

    oh, and i LOVE your lil family portrait. your kids are going to think you guys are the coolest. i mean-- I think you're the coolest, so how could they not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys, I just came across your blog on Jacob and Jamie's blog! I also put it on the Simms site - hope you don't mind! This is cute - I love your sense of humor!! We're excited for you to move to Rexburg (and excited to meet you in person Kelsey!!)

    Love you,
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute! Great job! When do I get a copy of your photo you had taken? Have a great day! Mama J

    ReplyDelete