Friday, February 4, 2011

Braggin' on the Baby

This week, Evelyn has kicked the habit. She is no longer patient enough with her bottle and refuses and liquid substance. Which, put a lot more pressure on me to make sure she's getting all of her vitamins and what nots in but SO much cheaper. We went and got one of those hand held food mills and just grind up whatever we're eating and it works like a charm.

She also has a very cute way of letting me know she's done. She tears off her bib. I say tear because she does it with vigor, when she's done, she is done!

She also can say mamma. I know most, if not all 7 month babies make the 'mamamama' sound BUT Evelyn only does is when shes poopy. She sticks her arms out for me to grab her and cries 'mamma mamma' until I get he diaper off.

She's also is a share bear...another reason why I'm glad she kicked the bottle. She shares her bottle with Daisy...very gross. But one of the cuter shares was also before she kicked the habit, I was feeding her in bed in the dark trying to get her to go to bed, and she put her bottle up to my mouth. I'm not really into formula, but I appreciate the gesture.

And a few picture for the last two weeks:



Playing Tug of War with Daisy after she ripped her bib off.

I've been having to cut her naps short or she stays up too late...she doesn't really like that

Helping me read a book

She LOVES her bouncy and also surprisingly when I blow on her face...this is the result when I blow on her face in her bouncy. Happiest baby ever!

Daisy sized couch...no we do not have a full sized couch..or chair so yes...this is where I also lounge and read books

As I mention in my last blog, we've been sick. This is a result of one of those sick days. Laying in bed with laundry everywhere and Evelyn playing with her vapor chest rub.




So if you can't tell what this is...it's an open sore. A few weeks, like three weeks ago I woke up with a spider bit and it slowly started deteriorating the surface of my skin until it was about the size of a nickle...a gross pussy, yellow, scabby, concaved nickle...too much? Maybe, but remember it's on me. Now it's closer to dime size and normal scabby so we're improving.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad she's off the bottle.. I was hoping she'd give me a taste. She's seriously so cute.. I like the hat pictures. I'm so excited to see her. Also, we decided she can't sleep in the laundry room...it's yucky in there. We're going to have to find an alternative location...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I was soooo enjoying the post. I am sorry about the nasty bite.

    ReplyDelete