Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day!

It has been a fun filled week. We tend to keep busier than anyone one should be. We are still right in the thick of busy season and hands down it is the worst one yet. Every year, it feels like the worst one because by the time busy season comes around, we've had 8 nice months of Steven having normal work hours and taking lots of days off then all of a sudden he's ripped away for 4 months. This year however, it all started about October then got worse with each month and now we're in month 5, and even though he's been in town, we rarely see him. He leaves Tuesday for Cashmere and I start up house projects. Gonna give the ole kitchen a face lift.

So...Our past week has been this...
best typo ever in the Ward bulletin.
 
 I sent this to Amanda and she was all, "Hide yo kids hide yo wives!"

The kids already rally against me. I told Caden no more milk so he went to his sister for some love and soothing
 He was not happy with me. Look at them stink eyes

 We also went shopping at JC Penny's and Caden tried on some real nice things
 The weather was so nice this week so we had the chance o go on a few walks to the park. One of which was right after we got back from shopping and Caden was in a mood and refused to walk home.
 Evelyn is doing so good in kindergarten. I think it's so amazing that they go in only knowing their letters and in 6 months she can writer her own sentences without any help. This was her valentine to me
 And then her get well card...some sentences are better than others...this one says, Mom you oru sbeshlu I hop uo feeri. Translation, Mom you are special I hope you feel better.
 
We got our Newsies tickets!!!

Evelyn had me make her some special pancakes....I've made better
 And I made some pretty cupcakes for a party I went to this week
 Evelyn, of course, had her dance class and nailed it yet again.
Greg, Jennifer, and Hagen were here this week and invited Caden to stay the night up on the mountain a few nights so me and Evelyn got lots of mommy Evelyn time. I was able to go to her school Valentine's day party and it was really cute. Her class prepared us a nice valentine's day poem for the volunteers.
 
And at recess, Evelyn played flag football.

 You will notice she is the only girl out there...she took a shoulder to her face but handled it quite well
 And we had our special Valentine's day hair style for her party
 Then Saturday, we went up to Mt. Spokane to go tubing with Papa, Greg, Jennifer and Hagen. Caden decided he'd better not go because he had a cough.
 Honestly...It was quite disappointing. The hill was so small and slow and the tubes had this cover on them and would fill up with water so Evelyn was soaked through after only going down 4 times. Hagen had a right nice time though.
They did have a nice pulley system so you didn't have to walk back up the 25 yards of slightly sloped terrain...
 After run 4, when Evelyn got to the top she decided enough was enough and she'd only come for one thing anyway...the hot chocolate.
 Then she pretended to sleep on the way home. You might ask, "how do you know she was pretending?" and I would answer...

 This is how I know. Evelyn's hecka cute, but she don't sleep like a lady
 And we picked up some sweet suspenders for Caden and he looked so freaking dapper for church this morning



 And the best thing about Caden's suspenders is they go from church to play clothes seamlessly...

 

 For Steven's Valentine's Day present, I got him a pillow case to take with him when he's traveling this next month and a half so he won't miss me so much. Life like wouldn't you say?
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh man the whole pillow thing just about made me wet my pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I died laughing at the pillow thing. That's funny.

    ReplyDelete