Monday, November 22, 2010

5 Months Already

Evelyn is 5 months as of today. So, as per usual, we had our monthly photo shoot.






We were in Washington this past week and had tons of fun. Evelyn loved all the attention and she also loved this car...along with her new hat. Grandma got that for her when we were there.



Evelyn also watched TV for the first time...ever (we don't have a TV). There's a reason our pediatrician says no TV before 2 years old. She was addicted! Normally she stays us for 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hrs between naps, but she stayed up all evening watching Lost with my mom. So first and last time. It was really funny though. She was laughing and giggling the whole time.


We also got to see Harry Potter 7 when we were home (we meaning my mom and me). It was good...I do like the movies (Steven does not) but I like them separate from the books. The books are well, nothing less then world rocking and the movies (in comparison) are a mere 3.0 on the Richter scale. However, the movies in and of themselves, are very descent. But really, it's like this, They have to cut so much out for the movies, why are they adding stuff that never even happened?


I also got the opportunity to make cookies for Stevens', Boss', Daughters' bridal shower. The theme was 'around the clock' (I have no idea how that relates to anything...I didn't ask) so they asked me to make clock cookies...Done. And for the record, If you ever complain about paying less than $1000 for an elaborate cake, to you I say 'try making it your own Freaking self'. It took me hours to make 36 cookies. I've spent days, nay, WEEKS on a single cake. I do not make cakes for an income for one reason and one reason only; No one can afford me. I love doing it, but holy freaking cow is it time consuming...and messy. End of rant. Except that if you do want me to make your cake, I'd do the labor for free if you buy me a cake cricut. (OK funny typo- I originally had 'fake' cricut...I would not make a cake for a plastic bug). Seriously, that's only like $450 for a wedding cake, spread the word. I even have a cake portfolio, I mean business.

No comments:

Post a Comment