Friday, November 12, 2010

Birthday, Organizing, and 80's Movies

It's already been a busy month. Both Daisy and Steven had their birthdays. Daisy in one whole year old now and Steven is 25.



We didn't do much to celebrate because Steven had his 3rd CPA exam the day before his birthday so we just kind of relaxed and then Amanda and Jason came for a visit. But Steven did get his cranberry jello cream cheese 'cake'...why...because he loves it and wants it more often than thanksgiving

We mostly just played games but it was nice to have more than two people playing . Steven and I play games all the time and to be honest...it's nice not to see him win every time. Mostly because when it's just the two of us, him winning means me losing, so this way, we both lose.

Steven and Jason went to a basketball game Friday night and I had the brillient idea to have a sweater makeover session...not so great. Amanda just made broaches and hair things but I decided it was a good idea to try and imitate this sweater....

Cute sweater right...well, not so cute with dark purple and dark green stripes and a light purple bow... see...



So after everyone left, I decided our apartment needed a serious makeover. I really wish I had before pictures because it was a disaster. In Evelyn's 'room' there was hardley room enough to walk through it. litterally there was a path. And her closet was just piled with junk. We had so much stuff still in boxes and totes. So...room makeover...Tada!



\



And then this is Steven and my closet. Floor to ceiling organization. It took 4 days to get our apartment looking like this but it finally feels like a home.


I went to Babies R Us today and got a screamin deal. Usually their clothes are way too expensive for me but they had these little jeans and top on supper clearance!! So I actually got the jeans in 2 sizes, for less than $2 each, and the little top for $1.40. Their size 12-18 month so it won't be until spring or summer that she wears them but so cute!



I decided I really like cheezy 80's romance movies so if you have any good sugestions send them my way. Just watched Romancing the Stone, loved it...Again. I'd seen it but still like it

Well, it's chili bean firday so I'm off to make dinner, and then tomorrow Evelyn and I fly to spokane. Steven's going to Alabama for the week on business, so we get a vaction.

2 comments:

  1. "From the Hip" with Judd nelson is a funny, rare 80's film. "Overboard" is more cheesy romantic 80's and one of my personal favs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelsey! Looks like yall are doing awesome! Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete