Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Our Past Few Weeks

The past few weeks, we've had a lot of families move into our ward, and Caden was happy to help. Steven took the kids on several different trips to help people move and they love it. Caden especially loved the big trucks.
 
 After this particular move, Caden decided it was a great idea to go the store to pick up a cookie for himself and flowers for me. Such a thoughtful little man.
 Again...Caden can not get enough of his Papa
 Caden just relaxing at Home Depot
 Evelyn loves to balance rocks on her head in the yard. We have lots of them...
 Caden had the great privilege to take the maiden voyage in Papa's '62. He was just thrilled.
 Another long day for the little man. He gets to sleep in a crib at Grammy and Papa's and thinks that's the coolest.
 A sweet yard sale find. This boy loves the dirt!
 Best yard sale find ever though were these boots. You'll notice he's wearing them in nearly ever picture.
 And Evelyn was making a very special cake for Wyatt...that required safety goggles....

 Evelyn wants curly hair so bad! But her hair is straighter then straight. So I spent and hour one Saturday braiding it in tiny braids so it would be "curly" for church. She loved it so much I had to buy a crimper. Not going to be braiding her hair every other day. That was rough!

 And Caden wanted to get in on the picture taking actions too.
 These are by far my favorite pictures of him recently.


 And this is how Caden cleans his room....
 Nice job buddy
 A rare trip to Spokane Discount. I don't know what it is about that store but the kids are extra naughty when we go so we try not to
 A fantastic crimper do. Evelyn got herself all ready in this outfit and as I walked by her room I over heard her saying to herself, " Oh Evelyn, where did you get such a sparkly shirt? and then they'll say you look so beautiful. and I'll be like, 'oh, I know'"
 Caden, he's a snuggler. Well, if you ask him, he loves to 'nuggle'. This particular time he came in me room, lifted my shirt a little, wrapped his arms around me and said," I just love this belly"
 I've been Kindergarten clothes shopping for Evelyn over the past few months getting all the super super clearance from spring and winter of last year. We've been really lucky to still find Disney shirts and Hello Kitty for 80-90% off. We took these pictures because I had mixed feelings about the boyfriend fit jeans. But everything looks cute on her.


 Right?
 And in preparation for Kindergarten, Evelyn decided to get her ears pierced!!!! She went from super happy, to looking nauseated, to crying right after they did it, to so happy she couldn't control herself.







And I finally saved up enough to do my curtains! I'm so happy with them

Oh, what's this you ask? Just our first TV EVER in the nearly 8 years we've been married! We always had a reason not to have one and all of them were school related. Steven finished his MBA, what, like 2 years ago now so I found myself with nothing but reasons to get one. And nearly all of those reasons were I was sick of kids puking on my bed....Since that's were the sicky's always ended up because we have this here desk top in there with a screen all of 20 inches....
So we put that bad boy in the torn apart living room downstairs where there is no carpet and a free couch...Spew on children, spew on.
We went to a little birthday party for a friend at the gym and they had a prop photo thing and Evelyn just loved it


So...I tend to make a lot of deals all day long... "If you do this, then you can have this". Or "it's either this or this."or "If you sit one the potty for 10min you can have the whole freaking bag of M&M's, just do it!" Well this one was "I don't care if you wear red gloves to church when it's 100*'s out, just put your blanket down and get out from under the couch!"

Me and the kids were in charge of getting the seeds for my parents garden this year (a decision they would later regret) and we picked most of the seeds based on color (why not right?) and these were Evelyn's purple carrots...
And Caden's white carrots... I can hardly wait for the blue pumpkins!! the purple cauliflower never grew and the white pumpkins turned out to be patty squash, but the indian corn sure took off
We had a few days of napping in the car. Kids get crabby...I throw them in the car and call my mom. Apparently, our conversations are so boring it puts them right to sleep. Every time without fail. Then once they're good and asleep I drive home and park in our "front yard", whip out the ole Ipad, connect to our wifi, and watch 90210 in the air conditioned car. Really it makes for a nice afternoon
We've been school shopping for Evelyn and this last week she got to pick out her shoes. She's not allowed to wear them yet, so she takes her meals with them. She got a pair of pink cowgirl boots and some Skye from Paw Patrol tennis shoes.
For family night on night, we went putput golfing. they seriously had the best time ever!
Caden was a little confused about how the game was played. He'd stand at the end and as soon as you hit the ball, he'd run grab it and throw it in the hole and yell "you win!". we called it the Caden assist.

On another sick day, I got the kids one of those small rolls of doughnuts and they had a tea party while I slept on the couch. They love each other....when doughnuts are involved

Another awesome nap day.
So I know we have multiple pictures of Caden doing this, lots of different time! It's like this, they don't hold up buddy
Yet another sick day. I really am lucky that they can get along for an hour or so at a time. I had a rough couple weeks. My headaches were completely gone there for a while, but they came back with a vengeance for 2 straight weeks. The kids took good care of me though. They would tuck me in and bring me stuffed animals, and read me books. If you ever get a chance to have Caden read you a book, jump on it because that is some funny stuff.
This was a not so helpful sick day. Caden crunched an entire cup of ice right above my face. That really helps with headaches...
My mom got cousin Wyatt the coolest toy, but since she hadn't given it to him yet, the kids had to play with it in the box. Still so fun
And Evelyn is quite the little artist
Such a handsome man
Somehow this was the only picture I managed to take at Wyatt's birthday party...
like I said...I'm  a deal maker and this time the cat purse was a better option than something else
Now this...this is a real gem. This was post car nap. She walked inside, started to play with her Barbie's and fell right asleep again on her floor
This was another family night activity. the kids love paper airplanes.


Caden seriously had never been happier
The airplane activity didn't take us all that long so then we walked down to the river. The water was so low. Evelyn said she was playing 'Uncle Devin'. When we were on our trip and we were at the river, Devin always had a big stick and would explore and see how deep the water was with it. Well Evelyn thought that was the coolest thing and had to much fun playing!
Caden is quite the little artist too. He called this one, "peeled Banana". Honest engine he did.
This is how Caden plays doctor...not quite the correct usage of the stethoscope
For whatever reason, a switch just flipped in Caden's little head on day... 'if these things make marks on paper and on walls, I bet they'll mark on me!' and do they ever. We've had about oh, 5 other "accidents" since this day, but none before this.



I love this picture!! Caden has finally realized he can get out of bed when he wakes up in the mornings instead of yelling at me until I come get him up. So he's been climbing in bed with me to snuggle. this morning I told him lets take a picture to send to daddy, but it was dark in the room so the flash went off. He wasn't expecting that, and he thought it was the funniest thing ever. So this is rarely seen, never captured, face of surprise and thinking something is so funny.
This a because I genuinely forgot one day...
A trip to Home depot with Dad





No comments:

Post a Comment