Wednesday, June 16, 2010

3...4...or 5 Miles, It's All the Same

Anyone who says walking is supposed to induce labor is smoking something. We've been walking 3-5 miles daily, sometimes twice a day and no baby. But everyone is keen to give their input on what will help. Walking, castor oil, spicy food, showers, red raspberry tea,cleaning. But I've come to the conclusion that babies will come on their own time frame, and if you just so happen to be walking at the time....then walking works . If you just so happen to be riding a lawn mower at the time (no joke someone told me to do that) then of course, riding a lawn mower will work for EVERYONE. I am entering my least favorite part of being pregnant....the waiting game. However, I guess the game will end abrupty on Tuesday when I will be embarking on the only sure fire way to induce labor... PITOCIN.
Side note: althought this time of pregnancy is pretty hard (having a cold and being unable to sleep doesn't help) but I just discovered something. With the lap top on my lap and both arms extented to type, my forearms slightly pushing on the sides of my belly holding my side belly skin in place, when I breathe in deeply, my belly button pops in and out!!!! When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Or a better quote that I just heard...When life gives you lemons... punch the guy who gave you lemons and make him give you the oranges you asked for.


Something that made me smile today:

There was a thunderstorm this morning and Daisy hid underneath my blanket until it was over. She likes me.

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain Kels. I was 5 days late. One suggestion: start punishing the baby now. For example, I returned some burp cloths and binkies at Fred Meyer and bought myself a watch instead. That'll show the baby. Also, the last thing I ate before I went into labor was a Costco chicken bake. I don't know if that's what did it, but it sure was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one made,me lol. See if you can send me a video of your belly button trick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for you to have this babyyyy, I still can't believe you're gonna be a mommy! I just about died at the belly button story. Funnyyyyyyy. Can't wait to see cute pictures, hurry up baby!!!

    ReplyDelete