Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pet Peeves

I wouldn't consider myself a moody person. Prior to pregnancy, very few things set me into instant rage. However, I have found the longer that this baby is in me, the angrier I am, and at stupid things....sometimes. So I decided to make a list of my current pet peeves.

1. Windshield wipers that go faster than the amount of rainfall (always)
2. Greeters at DI (Welcome to Deseret Industries....Really?)
3.Indecisive humans (it's like this, grab your shampoo and get out of my way)
4. Things that seem to be magnetically attracted to my bulbus belly (i.e. Door knobs and Daisy)
5. Women (or men, but their opinon doesn't really count in this matter) who think they are cooler, or tougher, or whatever because they give birth "naturally". It's like this, WHY? If you go to have your apendix removed your not going to be like, "No, I don't want any anethetics, I'll do it naturally." There's a reason we have pain killers, and not using them doesn't make you or your birth better believe it or not. No harm done to the baby with an epidural, only harm to the mama. You'll take pain killers for some thing a small as a headache but not for pushing a cantelope out your who-ha...Seriously?
6. Car alarms (I didn't know you could have car alarms installed in a 70's Pinto)
7. Un necessary needs to urinate with unyielding results (aka gotta pee but no pee)
8. I haven't slept more that 1.5 consecutive hours in more than 2 weeks
9. The baby's due any day now and I have a miserable cold...so colds in June
10. I feel like only 9 things isn't a complete list but I can't think of a tenth...but I can tell you this. My feet were so swollen last night, they were actually white, like when you push really hard on your skin and all your blood temporarily leaves, and I couln't move my toes. When I asked my Doctor what I could do to help, he said, and I quote, Have the baby. Thanks doc, so number ten, feet and doctors.

5 comments:

  1. I would say that those things bug me too except for 8 (I'm a pretty good sleeper). I guess I haven't had too many natural birth conversations lately either...but other than that... I agree. I would also add to the list 1. always being hungry at work and forgetting your lunch 2. people named russ 3.shoes that cut into your heels after only wearing them 1 hour..it's like this why do they make shoes like that? and 4. driving in general. I can't go anywhere without having rage

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok you are really funny. Right now the only pet peeve I have is checking accounts which seem to not have enough funds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a cold when Lij was due too. I was miserable because I had to be on oxygen and it made my throat even drier than it already was. So needing to cough all the time with contractions right close together made my stomach hurt all that much more. Thank Heaven for epidurals... I dont know how crazy people do it without! Can't wait to see this little baby of yours. Let us know when you are headed our way for good!

    Oh my pet peeve to add would also be any driver other than me. I have terrible road rage when I am pregnant and it only gets worse as I get bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsey, Love all 10 Peeves! Thanks for making me laugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha i LOVE this list. i feel the same about the epidural thing.. natural is NOT cooler, it just hurts more.

    ReplyDelete