Wednesday, March 23, 2011

9 Months!

We are having so much fun! Now that Evelyn can get around and interactively play, everyday is the best day ever. We just got back from the doctor and she's healthy as ever. She's slowed down a bit with her growing. She's 28 1/2 in (75th %) and 18lbs and 13oz (50th%). She's got two teeth and still loves Daisy. She can get around, although not conventionally. She's not a really big fan of using her arm strength as of now so she'll stretch one arm as fast as it can go, put her head on the floor and then bring her knees up to her face and then stretch the other arm out until she's on her belly again...so she definitely gets where she wants to go and surprisingly fast. It kinda looks like she's and inch worm swimming...if inch worms had arms....we're getting there though. If i put her on her hands and knees she can sort of hold it, but she prefers her method.


She sure is getting brave though. She loves to practice walking. Holding on to our fingers and going everywhere. The other day she decided that she needs to do it on her own and tries to let go and push you away. She does good standing by herself, but those little legs cannot move her yet. As much as we are looking forward to her walking, I can barely keep up with her swimming around. She loves to pull books off the shelves and get in Daisy's water, chewing on Daisy's toys (which I haven't found a way of preventing. When I put them away, Daisy finds them and brings them to her) she puts everything in her mouth. We're taken up vacuuming everyday so there's nothing for her to get her hands on...yeah like that helps. I've pulled caps, sticks, plant leaves, basket wicker and tags out of her mouth. How do they find stuff? I'm blaming Daisy because besides her blocks, I see NOTHING on the floor.

That's pretty much all we're up to. The wind has been pretty bad here lately so we've kept indoors even though it's super nice looking out. She loves going to the kids club at the gym. There's a little boy there her age and they are so cute playing together. She's really good sharer and always makes sure Daisy gets some of whatever she's eating. We were able to go to the Just Between Friend Sale this last week and got some pretty good deals. It was a little more expensive this year, but we got what we needed. BUT if you haven't heard of or been to this sale, check it out jbfsale.com . It's a consignment fair and it's going on right now all over the country. They do it twice a year and it's new and gently used baby and kids stuff and clothes. We spent $100 and got a booster seat, a bucket of blocks, some learning toys, safety stuff, and like 12 outfits. All of it is in great condition and some of it still had the tags on it. He dress in the picture is from Gymboree and was $4. Anyway, these are her 9 month pictures. We have so much fun doing these!

It's so funny how she has her own little personality. I love this picture because it's SO her. Just so happy she can't even stand it. This is the face she makes all day.











This is her showing off her new teeth picture.
I also just decided to add my favorites things list. I've been thinking about it for a while because, well, I love Ellen, and she has a favorite things week. SO this week I added to my list Greek Yogurt. So work the extra 40 cents or so a piece. So far the cherry pomegranate is my favorite. But it's like this, it's the same amount of points as yoplait light yogurt and is so very creamy, not like watered down like yoplait. Given their thick and creamy yogurts are good, but have kind of a funny after taste. So I've been getting Fage 0% and it is such a good snack.
More on my list:
warm spring days when you spend all day cleaning with the windows open and it smells so good (not a thing but I love it)
I love my car, so 91' Dodge Dynasty's
Sunflowers
My camera (Nikon D60)
Photoshop
Netflix
Bones the TV show (thanks to Netflix we are now addicted)
Board Games (counting specialty card games, I wouldn't be surprised if we had over 60 games. Thank you thrifts store and ebay)
That's pretty much all...I wish I had a couch to love but really all we have is that giant black pillow couch.
I also really love the area we are in. I love that Target is a 5 min walk and the library is a 7 min walk and goodwill is a 10 min walk. I love that even though we are super close to everything, you can still see the stars at night. I love that housing developments have their own little parks so there are literally more parks than I can count or even know of in a 10 mile radius. I love that being here just makes you want to be healthier and more active. When you have 65 degree weather in February, there is no reason not to be out and about on all of the trails. I love that the Cherry Creek trail is right next to our apartment (Trailside apts...get it) and it goes on for mile, like 40 or more of them. I, however, do not love tax season and cannot wait to be able to see Steven more than and hour or two a day. Kind of a long post...hope you like the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to come visit. You should add that to your favorite things list; when Manda comes to visit. My favorite thing today is that I packed a peanut butter dips granola bar in my lunch and there's a new episode of Modern Family on tonight. My least favorite thing today is sitting in pitch while I was eating that delicious dips bar. Now my bum is sticking to everything...

    ReplyDelete