Thursday, March 3, 2011

SO Done Traveling....

Evelyn and I have traveled quite a bit since she was born, her first flight being when she was 7 weeks old. Since then we have taken 2, 9 hr car rides, and 3 roundtrip plane rides. However this last one was a doosy. We got to the airport on Tuesday at 1:50pm after an hour car ride to the airport. We are pro's at security and were through in a breeze (the guy behind me actually complimented us on our speed. He said he was expecting to have to help me but I was done before he got the chance to offer) So get to out gate and the plane we're supposed to catch is broke down in Boise and they want to send us to Vegas with a 2 hr lay over then on to Denver. A little while later, the plane was fixed and left Boise and we'd just have an hour and a half delay...irritated but whatever. And THEN get this, Southwest's entire comuter system crashes and they have no communication anywhere they fly in the whole united states and have to ground ALL of their flights EVERYWHERE. So I get a voucher to fly for free and have my daddy make the hour drive back to the airport to take me home. When all was said and done, we had spent 6 1/2 hours traveling and ended up back at my parents house.
Evelyn waiting at the airport.

Later that night I called southwest and their systems didn't go back up until 9pm that night. So now we fly home on Satureday which honestly worked out better than going home on Tuesday...and let me tell you why. Steven was supposed to be home this last week to pick me up from the airport BUT on Satureday at work they tell him someone is sick and they have to fly him to Louisianna the next morning....great. So then we have to scurry to try and find someone to pick me up (thank you Kotters) only to have to cancel. AND then since now I'm not home this week to pay our rent, we had to find someone to go take our check to the apt office so we weren't charge $50 a day for the two days we'd be late (Thanks again Kotters :) ) AND since I had to change my flight I had to spring an extra 3 days on the family that is watching Daisy...Basically this week has been hard, but I'm with my fam, so it worked out.

So today I was feeling bummed that I'm not home with Steven and just kind mopey, so I wrote to the Ellen Degeneres show telling them about our motorcycle accident and how because of it we had to spend all of our savings on medical bills, and that our savings was for our honeymoon before we went off to school, and now we'll never get a honeymoon. So cross your fingers we'll get a Vaca. I love Ellen, just so we're all on the same page...and so does Evelyn.





What we've been doing at home...

Sleeping in the car

She was so sad the other day for some reason

She loves he kitties

Took this napkin away a little too late..

She decided she really didn't wanna be changes, grabbed her diaper and made a run for it

2 comments:

  1. How does she keep getting cuter?? Seriously she is such a doll! I'm glad you are with family because it would have been real crappy if you were on the layover and then couldn't get out! YUCK!! Can't wait til you are back...we will have to do a craft/playdate day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there with Audrey (2 1/2) and David newborn - yucky times - but you have a wonderful family and a great dad you loves you! Way to go GREG! Okay so I just want to pinch your daughters cheeks - not really I just want a big hug. SHe is so very cute.

    Love, Momma G

    ReplyDelete